Many young couples do not know that there may be a problem in their relationship. Here are some examples that I have seen occur when I work with younger couples.
1. Assume that their partner should “get them” without opening up to their partner
2. Forgetting to talk about responsibilities and boundaries
3. Not wanting to break the positive energy by bringing up something negative
4. Not being realistic with setting combined financial goals
5. Trying to fix the other person
If some of these behaviors resonate with your relationship, do not worry! The good thing is that the behaviors and skills to fix these common mistakes can be taught if you are willing to learn. Check out my other post on updating your love maps as a way to get started. Feel free to contact me if you are ready to learn these relationship skills.
I hope you gain some insight by reading these blog posts. I specialize in working with couples and individuals who are pursuing to improve their relationships. Feel free to give me a call or send me an email for your free consultation. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook to receive other tips and advice on connecting with others and enhancing your life.